Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weather for sensory kids during calendar time

Happy February and Supper Bowl Sunday Everyone!! 
I cant believe its already February, Where has the time gone? I am rooting for the 49'ers today because Crabtree is on that team and went to Texas Tech University were I did and is really good! Who are you rooting for? Any who I was asked in an email about some ideas for weather during calendar time for kids who it needs to be mostly sensory and now I am going to do a post about it. I have a couple of kiddos that use this and I think it works pretty well and I think they can really tell the difference. 


I use the spray bottle for when it is raining. I spray it into the air above the student and let the mist fall lightly on them. I would ask parents to make sure this is ok before doing just incase. The blue pad is a cold pad that I keep in the refrigerator, I use it to symbolize cold days and the white pad is a heating pad that I put in the microwave for 2 minuets and that symbolizes that its hot outside today. Anybody have any other ideas? Or anything else you use for weather like this that would be sensory let me know! Thanks for stopping by and PLEASE follow me!! Feel free to comment i love it! :)  
Have a great week next week! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you have one of those teaching jobs I truly admire! You are a special person. My daughter has learning disabilities and as much as try to help her at home, I am not a "special ed" teacher. I put my trust in the experts and try to learn from y'all! Thanks for all you do for these special children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww well thank you so much!! :)

    -Holly Phinney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas! Thanks for dropping by my blog! It is wonderful to meet a special educator like yourself. ;)
    Leah
    Learning 4 Keeps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for swinging by my page. Your page is too cute with great ideas. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Just Wild About Teaching! :)

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad you found us!! We are your newest followers too. We can't wait to read your awesome ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for finding my blog, I am so excited to be your newest follower! Your blog is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sensory ideas! Thanks for following my blog. I am your newest follower.
    Carol
    http://carolredmond.blogspot.com/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following me Khrys and Carol! :)

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete